Upwards of twenty jobs lost when Aurivo co-operative transferred South Sligo butter packing operation to Cork last year
Sligo News File.
A meeting of the South and West Sligo Municipal District is to hear a report on the development of a possible new food centre in Achonry.
It comes a year after Aurivo announced the transfer of its butter packing facility from the south Sligo site to Cork with the loss of up to 20 jobs
The meeting will be held at 3 pm on next Monday in Meeting Room 1, Teach Laighne, Tubbercurry. It is open to the public.
Motions down for discussion include:
– Request for drainage at Rockfield Cemetary
– The decision of the Planning Board refusing permission for a new water treatment plant at Lough Talt
– concerns over safety at the entrance to Colaiste Mhuire, Ballymote
– Call to have works carried out on Regional Road at Woodhill
– repairs to public footpath and installation of lighting at Gallagher Road, Tubbercurry
– date works to commence at Cashel Gates junction
– whether Clar funds can be used for the provision of bus shelters at Curry Village and
– demand for works at Stirabout Bridge, Cloona