List of works in the Sligo Urban Area below
SLIGO URBAN AREA:
N4-N15 Sligo Urban Improvement Scheme:
In order to facilitate major road realignment works at the Duck St (N16)-Barrack St and the N4/N15/N16 Junctions, the following road closure and associated diversions will be implemented on Monday 25th January until the 5th March 2021 (6 Weeks).
N16 Westbound Diversion
The Westbound lane of Duck St (N16) will be closed to through traffic between the N4-N15 junction and the mini-roundabout.
- Traffic will be diverted via Ballytivnan-Elm Gardens-N15
- Local Access will be maintained to premises along this section
- Traffic travelling from the N4/N15 onto N16 Duck Street will not be impacted by the diversion
Closure of N16/Barrack Street Junction
Barrack St will be closed to through traffic between the Duck St (N16) junction and Holborn Hill junction.
- Northbound traffic on Holborn Street will be diverted via Holborn Hill to the N16 mini-roundabout
- Access to Barrack St for N16 traffic will be via N16 mini-roundabout onto Holborn Hill, onwards to Holborn St and onto Barrack St.
- Local Access will be maintained
See attached Maps and letter Drop By Fox Contracts for Barrack Street Closure.
Diversion for N4 southbound traffic accessing the R870 Markievicz Road
The Left Turn exit slip from the N4 Southbound onto Markievicz road will remain closed and all N4 southbound traffic looking to access the R870 Markievicz Road will continue to be diverted via
- The N4 Inner Relief Road, R292 Lord Edward Street/Wine Street/Lower Knox Street and the R286 Markievicz Road.
- Traffic travelling from the R870 Markievicz Road onto the N4 will not be impacted by the diversion.
Traffic Diversion on the N4 Northbound lane in place as follows:
- The Right Turn for N4 Northbound Traffic entering Markievicz Road remains closed. A Traffic diversion is in place via N16 Duck Street / Holborn Hill and R286 Connughton Road.
Lane Narrowing / Closures:
- N4 Northbound Lane Closure on the N4 approaching the Ballast Quay junction and continuing past the Duck St (N16) Junction.
- N4 Southbound Lane Closure remains in place on the N4 from Duck St junction to Markievicz Road junction.
- West Footway closure is in place on the N4 between Hughes Bridge and the N16 Duck Street Junction with diversions in place onto temporary East Footway .
- Localised Footway diversions will be in place at Markievicz Road junction to facilitate drainage and pavement works.
- The Footway diversion between the N16-Duck Street junction to the Rosses Point junction is using a new temporary footway alignment.
- North Footway is closed on Duck St between the mini-roundabout and the junction with the N4. Pedestrians to use diversion on the South footway.
- Pedestrian diversion North of Rosses Point junction is via the new West footpath up to the Circle K Service station, and onwards from Circle K Service station to Horkans Garden Centre/Texaco Service station. The opposite footpath is closed to facilitate service ducting and footway works. Temporary access to/from Cartron Estate will be maintained.
Sligo County Council apologises for any inconvenience arising from these works.